Microsoft SQL Server update problem
Q. I am unable to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 update KB970892 on windows Vista. What should I do?
A. You’ll need to edit your registry for this one so, as ever, back everything up first. If you’re not sure what you’re doing, seek professional technical help first!
- In the ‘Run’ box, type in ‘regedit’ (or navigate to C:\Windows\regedit.exe)
- Navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft
- Right-click on ‘Resume’ in the right-hand column and select ‘Modify’
- Change the ‘value data’ from 1 to 0 then click ‘OK’
- Re-boot and then re-install the update